To Generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) — Microsoft IIS 7
- From Start, select Administrative Tools, and then select Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- In the Connections panel on the left, click the server name for which you want to generate the CSR.
- In the middle panel, double-click Server Certificates.
- In the Actions panel on the right, click Create Certificate Request.... The Request Certificate wizard displays.
- Enter the following Distinguished Name Properties, and then click Next:
NOTE: The following characters are not accepted when entering information: < > ~ ! @ # $ % ^ * / \ ( ) ? &
- For Cryptographic service provider, select Microsoft RSA SChannel Cryptographic Provider .
- For Bit length, select 2048 or higher, and then click Next.
- Click …, enter the location and file name for your CSR, and then click Finish.
Once you have generated your CSR please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your Account Name, Server Name, Server Instance ID so that we can process your request.