This article will guide you through installing and configuring the WorkSync agent on your computer so that you can synchronize files and folders the cloud and access them from multiple locations, or so that you can backup selected data to the cloud.
Installing and configuring the WorkSync agent
- Download and install the agent for the operating system that your computer uses, you can find the download links here: https://kb.ctera.com/article.php?id=133
- Once the download has completed, open the file to install the agent, our example will be covering the Windows agent.
- On the first screen, leave Standard selected and click the Next button.
- Read the license agreement and click Next.
- Select the installation folder to install the agent, here we'll just leave the default location which will be fine.
- Confirm the installation by clicking the Next button.
- During installation the user account control popup may appear, select to allow the installation and then wait while the agent installs.
- When the installation is complete click the Close button.
- After you click close, the agent should open up and ask for the server, username and password. Enter these and click the Sign in button.
Note: If you do not have the required information to sign in, please contact email@example.com requesting your login information for the WorkSync agent.
- After clicking sign in, you should see the below message.
If you are not able to click the Sign in button, or the "Advanced..." button you will need to ensure that your user account on your computer has administrator permissions.
- Once signed in you should see information similar to the below, essentially a folder is created for your cloud drive and this is where you can store your files and folders so that they are uploaded to the cloud. Click continue to proceed through the wizard.
- If you have backup as part of the subscription, you will be asked to select the folders to backup, how often and when you want the backup to run, and if you want to encrypt the contents. Note that if you encrypt the contents with your own password that you need to keep this password safe, otherwise you will not be able to decrypt your data.
- After you click the "All Done!" button you will be able to open the below summary screen by double clicking the agent icon in the system tray. Under Cloud Drive you may see "Sync in progress" showing that your data you have placed into the CloudDrive folder is being uploaded to the Cloud, when this is complete it will show as synced with a green tick. You can also select to backup now, or restore your data from a previous backup.